Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Garmin mobile XT on your gps enabled Eseries

My wife got a Garmin Nuvi 250 for her car because she couldn't find her way around Cockeysville. I loved to travel and used to stop my car and look at the maps just to get to my destination. Since she got one for her car, it itched me for quite a while thinking of getting a nuvi but I wanted something I could carry around without a large touchscreen.
Part the reason why I bought the E71 is the built-in gps chip, and although there is nokia maps loaded on the phone, I wanted something that I didn't need to pay for data. Garmin mobile XT fits all my requirements. All I needed to do is to install the navigation software which is free and get my map for my gps E71, no monthly data fees at all. And it works just like any Garmin navigator application minus touch screen. The downside is that locking on to gps satellites on gps smartphones takes longer. Garmin website

No comments: