Monday, December 1, 2008

Before updating your E71 firmware, reset your phone to factory settings

Having updating my E71 to the just released new firmware updates (110.07.127), 1st time round while updating software, I waited for an hour while the installation screen shown 15mins to complete the process. On the screen, I am advised not the disconnect the usb cable else I will risk making my phone unworkable.

Having waited the full hour, my patience ran out. I took the courage to unplug the usb as there was no progress at all, and to my relief, my phone is still workable and still having the same setup and old firmware. After doing a bit of research online, I realised it was advisable to set my phone to it's default factory settings overwriting all my previous application installations. As I had already backup all my data using nokia pc suite, I decide to give it another go. I set *#7780# to reset to factory settings, password default 12345 and reinstall the new firmware version. This time round, the progress was definite in 15mins instead of the hour.

While updating firmware, you got to be careful not to disrupt any procedures during installation or you risk losing your phone to a corrupt system. Take extra care!

No comments: